Saturday, October 31, 2009

Update on Me and Emma...

Emma will be born Tuesday morning (Nov. 3rd)! I went in for an ultrasound this last Thursday and my fluid levels were low. Then they measured Emma again (last time they measured her was 2 1/2 weeks ago), and she measured in at 3 lbs 2 oz which means she hasn't been growing as she should be. So on Tuesday I will be 34 weeks and they will perform a C-section that morning. We were hoping it wouldn't have to be a C-section, but with how little she is, it is much safer to not put her little body and heart through that trauma because most babies that little can't handle the contractions. Cade and I are grateful we made it to 34 weeks because the doctor's have said multiple times that babies at that week do a lot better! Because she is so little, she will have to spend some time in the NICU. How long she will be in there is unknown, so we'll continue to take things one day at a time. We are excited to be parents soon! Thank you again for the continued support and prayers by each of you! Cade and I truly appreciate it!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck Kellie! We will keep you guys in our prayers.

Joan said...

Thanks for the update. We think of you often and are praying for the best.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so exciting!

Taylor & Natalie Barrett said...

Best of luck! We will be praying for you!! Being parents is amazing! It is going to be wonderful!

Brooke said...

I'm glad you made it to 34 weeks Kel. We'll be praying for you. Good luck with everything!

Michelle said...

Good luck! I hope it all goes smoothly and she is home with you guys really soon. We can't wait to hear how everything goes.

Casey Lu said...

I know things will go well, and well since today is the 3rd, I am sure they went well. We prayed for a good and safe delivery for Emma and you. I hope that she will not have to spend very long in the NICU, Donovan spent three months in there and it tore at my heart everyday to not be able to bring him home and love on him! So I pray that she will put weight on QUICKLY and hit the 5 pound mark and get to come home healthy as can be! Congrats momma!!!

Kara said...

Hey Kellie! I just heard the good news via Cade's facebook profile. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sorry that things toward the end weren't very smooth but i'm glad that the baby is here safe and sound! Good luck with recovery and everything. You guys are going to be AMAZING parents!