My sister-in-law helped me get a blog started. Now that I have lots of time on my hands I figure it's a good time to follow the trend of the world and get a blog! I can now document this crazy adventure Cade and I are having.
Last Thursday, October 8th, I went in for a regular doctor's checkup and my blood pressure was very high and I had a lot of protein in me...two major signs of preeclamsia. The next day, my sister-in-law, Stephanie, convinced me to go see a specialist. After visiting that group Friday, they sent me to the hospital to get some more tests done. I went to the hospital, but my blood pressure was so high, they told me they were keeping me here. That weekend they ran some 24 hour urine tests. Over 300 mg of protein is considered preeclamsia, over 5,000 is considered severe. I had over 9,000. Before finding that out, I thought it would be just for the weekend, but ends up I am here in the hospital for the long run....until our baby is born!
I have had more tests done and as long as my blood pressure stays relatively okay and I don't get headaches or have any other major signs that my preeclamsia is getting worse, we will just wait to keep our little girl inside as long as possible. The nature of this sickness is that it doesn't get better or go away. It will eventually get worse and worse. The only way to get better is to deliver. Right now we have seen little miracles and are hoping to make it to November so she can continue getting bigger. Every day is a celebration and we will take every day we can get!
Cade and I have felt very calm about things and know Heavenly Father is watching over us.
2 comments:
You're a trooper Kel. Know the Bushmans are thinking about you, okay?
We have been praying for all of you and so glad that you started a blog so I can know how you guys are doing and keep in touch better! My blog is www.craymer.blogspot.com! Love ya!
Post a Comment