Sunday, January 10, 2016

Thanksgiving and Early Christmas in AZ

Thanksgiving week was wonderful in Arizona this year. Since I was 29 weeks pregnant, Cade took good care of me and packed my prego body pillow to sit on/lay on on our 10 hour trip. So I was riding in style and traveled really well! Nora was a very happy camper this time around because she got to sit in the back with her sisters. She was all smiles and traveled SO well. All three girls did fabulous. No crying pretty much the whole time…AND they slept through the night. We couldn't have asked for a better trip!

The week was great. Tara and I and Great Grandma spent a lot of time in the kitchen, but Cade and Grandpa looked after the kiddos so it wasn't too bad. We love spending time with all of them.














Early Christmas with the Close side! We decided to try a new tradition this year. Since we wouldn't be together this year for Christmas, we decided to celebrate while we were all together. It ended up being wonderful and it was fun for Grandma and Grandpa to see all the excitement from their grand babies.













A HUGE highlight from this Thanksgiving week was having my Father In Law take me shooting. I hadn't shot a gun for over 10 years- my Freshman year in college. It wa so much fun I think we'll have to do that every time I go down to Arizona. 





Other festivies this year included walking through an indoor light display that lasted about 30-40 minutes or so. It was so neat! And also meeting Santa. He was just getting ready to leave so he talked to all the kids at one time :).





Reese also had her 4th birthday right after Thanksgiving and so we celebrated with everyone and she of course got spoiled by her Grandma and Grandpa Close :). Lots of pretty dresses and shoes were involved!




No comments: