I got to throw a good friend in my ward a baby shower. Jen and David got chosen by a birth mom to be parents to a baby girl! The shower I threw was for our ward members and 50 of the 80 people invited came! It was so much fun and I had a lot of help from all the lovely ladies in my ward. We just held it at my house, but it turned out so fun. It was low key. Just lots of treat and ice cream sundaes. It was so wonderful to see how many supportive people we have in our ward. I hope Jen felt loved because she is!
These are wonderful ladies I have had the opportunity to work with in the Young Women's. Ruth (the shortest one :)) just happened to be in town from Boston! We got to hang out some and I loved seeing her!
Now they just got back from picking up their baby girl a couple weeks ago. We are SO happy for them because they have been waiting for this time for years! They are going to be such great parents! It's a great reminder to NEVER EVER take for granted the opportunity to be a parent! We are very, very blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment