My wonderful husband left the "decade of decisions" and is an old man now :). I wanted to make this birthday especially special so I made some plans. First I got a hold of 30 of his closest friends and family members and asked them what one of their favorite things is about Cade. I took each of those responses and put them in balloons and had them blown up with helium. While we were in AZ we celebrated with German chocolate cake and butter pecan ice cream- two of Cade's favorites! He opened some gifts (one from all of us was a new computer for his road bike) and I brought up the balloons and he read all of the responses from people that love him. A lot of common ones were they love his humor, how he is so good to his family, and the spiritual giant he is. My favorite thing about him is his patience. If he weren't so patient we would not have ended up together. He was patient through our relationship before marriage and he has been extremely patient after. And I am forever grateful for him!!!
After our AZ trip we met up with some close friends who will most likely be moving soon- Matt and Kelsey Egan. We both got babysitters and went to Olive Garden together! It was one of the first times in a LONG time hanging out without children. We could actually talk and talk! We love them and will miss them when they move!!
Then my family came over the following Saturday and we had J-dawgs, watermelon, corn on the cob and ice cream cake. Some of Cade's other favorite things! We had SO much fun...that I forgot to take any pictures :(. But it was very yummy food and very fun company.
I am grateful for my old man :). I am a better person because of knowing him. I love him and grateful for his 30 years of life!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment