Thursday, March 29, 2012

4 Month Birthday!

Reese had her 4 month check-up this morning. She is developmentally doing great! The doctor was really impressed with how strong she is. She is rolling over and holding her chest up. She coos and squeals and smiles tons. Reese is still a happy baby as long as I do my part to keep all dairy and chocolate out of my diet (a great sacrifice on my part because I LOVE ice cream and chocolate, but I'm getting used to it). I actually just found coconut milk ice cream and that makes me very happy :)! Reese is sleeping pretty well. Not through the entire night, but she goes down at 8 p.m. and eats at 1 a.m. and then at about 6 a.m. We can definitely handle that! Of course whenever Reese has a great night, Emma does not...But they're so cute and so worth it!

Reese's percentiles are:
Height: 30%
Head: 50%
Weight: 3%

I know, I know...another skinny baby. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to stress about weight with my second child, but I guess that's not the case. I will go in for a follow-up appointment in one month and see if she is growing. For now, we'll need to fortify my breast milk with formula and see if that helps. Her head circumference and length are good though so at least she is growing. Just not as chunky as I or the doctor would like :(. I was so happy that she had creases in her legs (not big enough to call them rolls) and compared to Emma, she seemed like she was really growing. I guess we are destined to have smaller babies. But in the meantime we will do our best to keep them growing as much as we can!



See the crease in her leg! I know now it's not something to get too excited over, but still!


Literally fell asleep trying to push out a poo :). It's tough work being a baby!

1 comment:

Stephanie Lee said...

I had to give up dairy for a few months while nursing Andy...it was the WORST! (I'm like you: an ice cream lover.) Hope you and your cute girls are doing well! :)