Thursday, January 23, 2025

Christmas Eve and Day 2024!

 Christmas Eve we had Grandma and Grandpa over for our special dinner. This year we ate what I grew up with every Christmas Eve dinner- Chicken Cordon Bleu and white rice and rolls. I think most of the family loved it (of course- it has cream of chicken soup which is so bad for you so I hate using it!). 

We had fun playing/singing together and reading the Christmas story. Our favorite part of Christmas Eve though is giving each other our gift from the hearts. This year Benson and Dad and I all joined in! The whole family. It's so much fun giving something we spent time making and doing. 




Then Christmas morning came!! Kids ran in screaming at 7:00 am on the dot! The girls all slept together in Reese's bedroom and watched the clock for the last half hour until the could wake us at 7. 



Benson got a couple of Cade's childhood toys with lots of memories associated with them. A Fisher price castle (that has a trapped door- VERY important 😉) and some Micro machines. Cade was having fun playing with Benny on Christmas Day. 



Jane found the tiny pickle this year! I thought it was going to be SO hard to find and within about 1 1/2 minutes Jane yelled, "I found it!" She got a giant weighted axolotl stuffy. She loves it so much she shares it with Emma every single night 😂. Emma just smiles and says thank you to her every night!



I got rollerblades for myself and my girls (Lucy already had rollerskates) but it was SO fun to bundle up and roller-skate with them when it wasn't raining. I love mine and so glad my girls are excited about them. Jane is OBSESSED with her new roller-skates. She wears them non-stop around the house. 



Putting together Jane's gift from the heart from Dad. He knew she liked puzzles. And Grandma Close loves them too!



What a great Christmas season! Highlights were singing at a Senior center, doing a shadow nativity, roller-blading with my girls and playing games. OH! And no one was sick!!! What a HUGE blessing!

No comments: