Well, I learned this year that holidays CAN be overdone. Too much Halloween!!! I think there were two things that contributed to my being COMPLETELY done with Halloween before Halloween was even here. First, during fall break we did lots of things- the Pumpkin train (where we dressed up), a trick or treating event, and making candy haunted houses. THEN we had lots of events that the girls love going to and I felt we coulnd't miss, but in the end IT WAS JUST TOO MUCH. We had Trunk or Treat as a ward and then Fishbowl Trick or Treating. Then there was dressing up for dance classes, music class, school parades and finally...Halloween night. I told the girls since we had already done TONS of trick or treating that we were going to walk around our cul-de-sac and that was all!
Overall, I think the girls had a wonderful Halloween season. However, it should not be a season :). Back in my day, Halloween was just Halloween and not weeks before. I think we will go back to that as much as possible and skip out on all trick or treating until Halloween day. This WAS the first year we let Emma go out with her friends for a long time and she loved it. Can't believe my baby is growing up so fast.









No comments:
Post a Comment