Sunday, December 30, 2018

Emma’s 9th Birthday!!

Emma and I had SOOOOOO much fun for her birthday this year!!! I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of our Mommy-Daughter Birthday Date Extravaganza! I told her for her 9th that she and I got to have a super date and stay at a hotel together. It was great fun. We first went to Pizza Pie Cafe and had dinner, then we went and checked into the hotel. We had the entire pool and hot tub area to ourselves and that was a delight. Emma had tons of fun. Then we went back to our room and showered and got ready for bed. Then bought some treats down in the lobby and watched a new musical on TV called "An American in Paris". It was so fun. We slept at the hotel and did breakfast in the morning. Later on Saturday, we all went out for ice cream to Emma's favorite place "Fro Yo" and then I took Emma to get her ears pierced! First we walked into the tattoo parlor and Emma was scared...I mean we had never been in a tattoo parlor before :). But I had heard that that was the way to go. NOT going to the mall like we used to. They still have the mall option here in Utah but I heard many horror stories that kept us away. 

Emma had a wonderful birthday and so did I! Emma is such a beautiful girl inside and out! Some things I love about Emma lately:

- She is an incredible helper around the house. Doing "chores" is not her favorite but whenever I ask her to help with a favor she jumps right on that!
- Emma is doing amazing at school and never has a hard time learning or listening to her teacher. At parent teacher's conference her teacher had nothing but amazing things to say. She has been very impressed with Emma's ability to make everyone in class feel included and happy about their work. Emma never makes anyone feel like their work isnt' good enough. All feel loved by her. 
- She is a reading machine now! She has read lots of Magic Treehouse books but recently has gotten into Harry Potter. She just "couldn't put it down!" In her own words. She loves to read in her bed before going to sleep and is on the 2nd book now. 





No comments: