Sunday, December 30, 2018

Christmas 2018 in Arizona

I was excited to travel to Prescott this year for Christmas. I told myself two years ago that probably was our last year traveling but here we are again :). I had a change of heart when I came to the realization that these cousins live for each other and they might not always be buddy-buddy with each other. THey could be but things could also change as they get older. So I was excited to have them play with each other. It was also our first time seeing their new beautiful home! Tara and Johnny have a two story home with a giant garage and then a "casita" with Grandma and Grandpa Close and Great-Grandpa Jones living there. I LOVE the lot they live on. It is filled with pine trees and makes you feel like you are in a cabin. So beautiful. 

Some random fun times during the stay: 













Christmas Eve! We had fun playing a couple games with the kids until everyone was ready. Then we read the nativity story and talked about our Savior. Then the kids exchanged little cards/gifts they made for each other. The Girls gave their "gift from the hearts" to each other and opened Christmas PJs. Then we all went to bed early for SAnta to come!













Christmas morning!!! Tara had us all wait on the stairs until she went and got Grandpa and Grandma to come see their reactions. It was tough waiting :). Some gifts that were fun this year: Cade gave me season tickets to Hale Theater in Sandy! I am so excited!!! Emma and Reese each got an American Girl Doll horse from SAnta. Reese especially loved her poop emoji bandaids :). Nora loved her little elephant beanie-boo and oven bake clay. Lucy loved her two new princess "Polly Pockets"- Moana and Ariel. OH, and her Rapunzel Duplo Legos. It was a wonderful morning especially because it wasn't over-kill and I help back on getting more and more as the month went on :). We had an enjoyable morning and layed-back Christmas day!












No comments: