Sunday, October 25, 2015

Cade's First Century Bike Race!!!

We are SO proud of Daddy! This was Cade's first time training and finishing a century bike event. This was an event for his co-worker and friend Bryan Byrge who was killed over a year ago in a bike accident.

He says now, "if I knew it was going to be that hard, there's no way I would have signed up for the hardest relay." There were a few different events that you could have done and he has always wanted to do a Century, so he signed up for the long route!

But there ended up being many people who didn't finish and of those who did, and have finished many many centuries before said this was by far the hardest century they have ever done. And this was Cade's FIRST!!!

I am SO proud of him and for accomplishing this. He puts him mind to something and does it. I love that about him.

The girls and drove around and went to cheer him on the last bigger hill of the race. He said that was exactly what he needed at that moment. There were times during the morning that I felt like the girls and I needed to stop what we were doing and pray for Dad at that very moment. He was able to finish (he just about died, but he finished!) and we are proud of him!







No comments: