Ah, yes...the annual Man Camp! I don't know if I have posted about these before, but every August Cade and the Egan's get together to go camping as men for the weekend. The Egan's are Cade's really good friends that he met on his LDS mission to Detroit. He was roommates with 4 of the 5 brothers at BYU and has stayed really close with them ever since. This year, man camp took place just a ways up American Fork Canyon. Some highlights for Cade (since I wasn't there I'm writing from what I heard about it :)) were shooting guns, eating extremely yummy food (and a lot of it), and playing games like ladder-ball. He also LOVED taking Penny with him and Penny had the time of her life getting as dirty as she well pleased. And she also had two other dogs to play with and got to spend the night in the tent with Cade so needless to say she was a HAPPY pup!
Cade also was excited to bring his dutch oven and make a breakfast casserole for the morning. It turned out better than he even expected! He's been wanting to become better at cooking, so it was really fun to make something and have it turn out amazing!
Even though Matt now lives in Arizona, Brandon lives in New York, and Jared and his family may be moving soon, it is still fun to stay in contact with these great people. We still try to get together with them for family home evenings as often as we can and we love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment