Monday, October 28, 2013

Another baby GIRL will be joining us!!!

We are 3 for 3 so far!!! We found out the middle of September that we have another baby girl joining our family in January of 2014. We are so excited and can't wait to meet her. Cade and I honestly were thinking it was a boy this time (aside from this pregnancy being so different). Emma, however, kept saying, "no, it's a girl." So matter of fact :). She was determined she was going to have another baby sister (or maybe that's all she knows and so that's what she wants :)).

This baby was definitely hiding from us for a long time before we could find out the gender. We had an ultrasound at 18 weeks that my doctor did for us and he couldn't get the baby to move into a position to be able to tell. The cord and a hand were right in the way so there was no way to tell. Then at 21 weeks we went in for our big ultrasound to make sure the baby was healthy and that everything checked out. And we feel very blessed that everything did check out good and healthy! However, once again, the ultrasound technichian tried and tried to find out the gender, but the baby kept those legs tight together and wouldn't budge. So right after that ultrasound we had an appointment with our regular doctor and he did ANOTHER ultrasound for us. Three times the charm- we finally found out we were having another girl!

I will admit I was a little surprised, but we are very excited for this little one to join our family! It is such a blessing to be able to have children and I am so grateful for the opportunity to do so.

Now I am 28 weeks...the last trimester is here! I am due January 22nd, 2014. We are planning on naming her Nora Lee Close. Emma and Reese are excited for baby Nora and give my tummy hugs :). Emma this last week patted my belly and said, "Mom, the baby sure is getting big!" Yes, Emma. Yes, indeed :). I have gotten big very fast this time around but it's ALL worth it! I love being a mom more than anything and am grateful for my beautiful girls!

No comments: