Sunday, February 17, 2013

Emma Funnies!

There are a lot of funny/cute things kids say and Emma is no exception. However, I'm not the best about always writing them down. So here are some things I remember (now I keep track of things in my phone so I can add them to the blog).

These were when she was closer to 2 1/2 years old:

Slams the door in Reese's face on purpose and Reese starts crying. Emma opens the door and says, "OH, Reese!!! What's Wrong??!" She acted completely innocent....like she always does :). 

She used to LOVE doing Pat-a-cake with me and one time she took my hands and started singing pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake until she said, "mark it with a B....." (then she paused for a long time). She started at the beginning again and said, "pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake…until mark it with a M..." She's been learning her letters and thought through that one. Very smart!

Just within the last few weeks:

Daddy: If you eat a piece of chicken, you can have a gummy…
Emma:  How about I hang from the light?
(What kind of negotiation is that??)

Emma: Mommy, How about you’re the witch and I’ll be Snow White.
Mom: You’re poopy though. We can’t have a poopy Snow White.
(Paused for a long time)
Emma: Mom, you be Snow White and I’ll be the witch poops!
(It’s as if she thought “well, if Snow White can’t be poopy, I’m sure the witch can!)

During Sacrament meeting at church I was explaining that the bread being passed around represents Christ’s body. So when they were passing around the water, I whispered, “What do you think the water represents?” To which Emma replied, “Grandma’s body!” I tried hard to keep it together. Cade looked at me and wondered what was so funny. 


What a silly, silly girl :). I love her!