Weight %tile: 0.21%
Length: 0.16%
Head Circum: 2.09%
Needless to say, she is still tiny for her age, but being a premie that is to be expected probably most of her life. It is important however that she keeps going on her own curve and that she is growing...she is eating great and seems to be completely healthy!
Funny story....
Emma got her immunizations at this doctors appointment. It was so sad to see her screaming that hard in the doctor's office. I've seen her lungs work hard, but definitely not that hard. I fed her at the doctor's office and when we got home and she slept for a long time. However, when Emma woke up and stretched as she usually does, she realized her legs were in pain and she started screaming! I hated seeing her scream and the tears running down her face. (Okay, you are asking yourself "Kellie said this was a funny story...". Well, after she fell asleep again, I realized it was time to cook dinner. Normally I would stick her in the sling and she would be fine. However, I knew the sling would probably put pressure on her legs and she wouldn't like that. And if I tried putting her in her crib, she would soon wake up and move her legs and would immediately start screaming. So I decided to put her in her car seat. Well, the carseat is great as long as she is being rocked in it. So I put her in the carseat and stuck her on the table so I could rock her and do dinner at the same time. It was hilarious! I had to get stuff out of the fridge, chop up items on the kitchen table while trying to rock her because as soon as I stopped she would wake up. It was the ultimate test of multi-tasking. I rocked the carseat, sliced some food, rocked the carseat, chopped up some more...you get the idea. Then realizing there was in item on the far side of the kitchen, I rocked the carseat hard enough, just in time to run, grab the item and be back rocking before the carseat stopped and she had the chance to think about waking up.
Oh, it was one on the funnier times figuring out how to live life with a baby! Good times!
I laughed so hard I had to take a picture of it:
Emma is now starting to coo, and she smiled at me for the first time this week! She can now hold up her head pretty good too! It is so fun to see her developing. It's the little things, but when it's your child...it means everything.
6 comments:
Love the post. I do have some advice though. Next time she has immunizations, give her some Tylenol about 1/2 hour before the shots. I do this with my kids and they never get a fever or get cranky after shots.
Also, have you read the book "Good night, sleep tight" by Kim West? It is the BEST book I have read on helping your kids learn how to soothe themselves to sleep. Michelle and I love it. Anyway. I know this is unsolicited advice, so take it or leave it.
Keep posting pictures of your cute girl please.
Yeah! Immunizations are SO hard that way! When Camden had his and he woke up the first time after, I gave him tylenol and put him in warm water....that seemed to sooth his legs. But it was so sad because he kept looking at me like "Mom, why did you do this to me?" I will be doing his second round a week from Wednesday--and now I am REALLY afraid because he doesn't sleep as much as he did before. I'll have to take Heather's advice for next time.
Anyway, you are so good at multi-tasking! :O) It's amazing the things mothers can do!
way to go girl! haha, it's so funny because I find myself doing the same thing!
Love your post Kellie. The first time I took Michelle for a shot, I think I cried harder than she did. I really didn't like seeing her in pain. The more shots they get, the easier it gets for moms. Way to multi-task. You really have to get creative to be "Wonder Woman".
Hey Kellie, this is Anna Peterson from the ward. Your baby is so cute! Fun story too... I had to do a similar thing while babysitting my cousin. I thought it was pretty funny too. It is good to laugh at life sometimes though :)
I'm so happy for you that she is smiling! It is so fun! I'm so proud of her for growing so well! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment