Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spit up and Bunnies :)

Last night was an interesting night...the foreshadowing of many nights to come as more kids come into our lives, I'm sure :). So I was feeding Emma at about 3:00 in the morning. She fed for a while and then I changed her diaper to wake her up a little. As I sat back down in the chair, she got a really concerned look on her face, stopped breathing, and started gagging. I knew she was about to spit up so I leaned over the bed to grab the burp cloth. Well, spit up? Not exactly...she threw up over, and over and over everything she had just eaten. But in a panic (mind, this is 3 am) while she was throwing up I managed to get about everything around me drenched. The bed had spit up all over it...and believe me when I say "all over". I had never seen her do that before. I yelled for Cade in the other room to help. He ran in and immediately collapsed to the floor (he hadn't been feeling very good all weekend). Then he crawled back into the other room and went back to bed! :) Ha ha...I am cracking up as I type this. I thought "great, now I'm going to have to clean up after both!" After the comotion was over...Emma was ready to eat again.

But how could I ever be upset at a cute face like this???

For Christmas last year, I got some bunny slippers cause Cade calls me "honey bunny". So to go along with them, Cade's parents got some cute little bunny slippers for Emma. They are so adorable! Obviously too big still, but I wanted to try them on her :).



These are the many faces of Emma....

This is the "Mom, there is obviously something more interesting to look at over here" look.

The "I'm looking happy and drunk off of too much milk" look.

The "I'm tired and really mad you are making me still sit here" look.

The "okay, I'm happy you moved me to the changing table" look.

The "I want to be like cousin Wills and flex my muscles" look.


Oh, she is so much fun to be around. I love her!

11 comments:

Amber said...

She is so cute! I think she has lots of similarities to Will. Both definitely have some Bleak blood there! Isn't it amazing how much a teeny baby can spit up? No fun at 3 am--hopefully it's a rare occurrence :). Have a great day!

maggie-t said...

awe! what a cutie! the first (and only) time Talmage threw-up he did it right in my face. I was SO worried b/c I had seen him spit up before but never with such force. We took him to the dr. and he had a stomach virus. Luckily Jeremy wasn't sick as well. That would have been so overwhelming. What an amazing mom you are!!

Heather said...

I love this post. I love her many faces. I'm sorry about the sick baby throwing up. that is the WORST. Being a mom means you have to take care of everybody from now on. Even when you are sick too.
Where did they get the bunny slippers? I love them.

Michelle said...

The slippers are so cute! Dealing with throw up is never fun, but it is a lot better before they start eating solid foods at least.

Danelle and Alex said...

hahahaha cute post. I hope she isn't sick and that was just a regular baby puke. Kade did that once. I went in to check on him and he was drenched in puke. I felt so bad making him lie in that and I didn't even know he had thrown up.

Anonymous said...

HAha! What a cutie! The throwing up sounds awful though! Yikes! I am sorry I need to take the time to visit! I'm just starting to get into that last minute (6 weeks to go!) mode! I hate not being prepared, my mom is throwing a shower this Saturday though so that should help ease my stress. =) I promise I will visit soon!

-Shan

Heather said...

Kellie,
We got the sony cyber shot t90 camera. Here is a link for more info on it.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/product-reviews/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-t90-review/
One of the reasons we liked this one is because it has HD video as well as pictures in good quality. if you have more questions or want to see it let me know.

Casey Lu said...

Oh Kellie, that photo of both of your bunny slippers is so stinking cute! I love the many faces she makes so cute! Sorry to hear about the rough night! That is NOT FUN at all! I have yet to have that with a baby which would probably be better to clean up than a bigger kid! Hope you all get feeling better soon!

Stephanie said...

Cute Emma! The bunny slippers are adorable. I am glad that she wants to be like her big cousin! I hope he teaches her good things. :)

Mike said...

Oh don't you love being a mom?!? I have so many stories like this already...except mine tend to be pee or poo that get everywhere at 3 am. Gotta love it! :)

Casey Lu said...

So I was telling Ehren Monday night about this post and even showed it to him. We laughed at Cade crawling back to bed, (sorry Cuz but we have been there so it is funny to us) only to wake up Tuesday Morning with Cali throwing up everywhere. Guess, we get to open our mouths and insert our feet. Also sorry for laughing because we got paybacks....