Sunday, July 27, 2025

Lucy's 9th Birthday!

 


Our spunky, full of life LuLu turned 9! 

Lucy is such a ray of sunshine. She lives for fun and friends and family and funny times! 

She loves to do tumbling and just passed off her back handsprings and is now working on her ariels. She is a hard worker and loves learning new tricks and showing them off. 

Lucy has been taking flute for over a year and is improving all the time. We just most recently switched teachers to Heidi-- someone older with more experience teaching as well as with kids. So far we really like her. 

Some things Lucy loves more is being tickled and tickled. I have no idea how she can handle it but one of her favorite games is ABC tickle. I pin her down on the ground and she says a letter of the alphabet. Then I have to tickle something on her that starts with that letter until she says a new letter. She also loves playing hide 'n go seek tickle (I'm seeing a theme here). Her new favorite game is "Fugitive". But its getting harder to play with neighbors who are not excited for kids to be running through their yards...I wonder why they don't like it? 😜😊

Lucy loves friends and so going to school is fun for her. She just finished off 3rd grade in Mrs. Adams class and there were quite a few naughty boys who made the class difficult for the rest of them. But Lucy handled it pretty well. 

She just started swim team this summer and she is absolutely loving it! Some activities are hard for her especially if she has to leave friends to go to them but every time I say "Lucy it's time for swim team" she immediately stops what she is doing and is excited to go! They had 4 swim meets this summer and she loved them all. 



For Lucy's 9th birthday I took her to a hotel to have a mommy-daughter overnighter. Unfortunately the pool was an outdoor pool and the winter wind was too cold for swimming so I took her to the Lehi indoor pool as part of our date. We watched a movie and stayed up late. We had a good time!!









No comments: