Lucy chose to be baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She is such a great example of following her Savior, Jesus Christ. The program was shared with our neighbors, the Thatchers. James Thatcher and his cousin Julia were also baptized the same day.
The children did a musical number "I Feel My Savior's Love" with Lucy's dad, Cade Close, playing the guitar. It was beautiful. A funny moment though was when all was silent and the children going up to sing their musical number, Cade motioned to me to come sit closer and lead them. So I thought, "I should look up the words on my phone to make sure I don't lead them astray." But as soon as I opened my phone, the Bluey Introduction Song came on and was super loud. I hurried and turned my phone off but it was too late...everyone in the room knew what song it was and there were some giggles around. It was pretty funny.
Lucy had all of her cousins on my side of the family there, as well as both sets of Grandparents, most of her aunts and uncles and Rachel Bagley who came to support her. It was a beautiful day!










No comments:
Post a Comment