Thursday, May 4, 2017

Spring Break Stay-cation!

April 3-7, 2017
We went to Disneyland in February so for spring break we stayed here and planned some fun activities to do! I was very excited to do some activities with my beautiful girls and got a glimpse of the fun we will have this summer.

On Monday we had a "storytelling festival." The girls love to write and illustrate their own books. So we all wrote our own books (or scribbled for some) and then made the bunk bed into a fort. Then we shone a flashlight on the person who was telling their story. Simple activity but we had fun :).


Tuesday we had a makeover! I did the girls nails and make-up and Nora was especially excited about make-up. I love having girly-girls. Then for lunch we had a pizza picnic in the living room. Throw a blanket down and it makes eating a meal more fun!





Wednesday was especially fun! We invited Grandma over for a tea party. So all morning we got ready for our tea party. The day before we had made our hats. But we made fresh lemonade, little sandwiches, cookies, and veggies and fruit. Grandma came and we ate our yummy food and sang songs with her. It was super cute.





Thursday we got on our pants (doesn't happened around here too often) and went up the canyon for a Bear Hunt Scavenger Hunt. I made a checklist of things the girls had to do (i.e. walk across a fallen log, find 3 different kinds of bugs, slide down a rock, etc.). I was reminded how much time we need to spend up the canyon after Reese and Nora FREAKED out overtime they found a bug and especially when one would touch them! We walked through an area that had box elder bugs flying all around us and it was hilarious. SO much screaming and running going on! Ahhhh, yes. Did I mention I love having girly-girls?? But I am also determined to make them love the outdoors and being adventurous :). After the canyon we went to Sodalicious for yummy cookies and popcorn. It was a good day!

I sure love spending time with my girls!!!


No comments: