Thursday, May 4, 2017

Girls Weekend in Park City!

This whole thing started last fall when Cade mentioned about me having a girls trip for my 30th birthday. It was a fabulous idea of course but Lucy was still nursing and I told him I would rather wait until I could go somewhere by myself. Then Kristen and I were talking and she mentioned she really wanted everyone to meet their new baby Eva in case they weren't able to keep her (they are foster parents). So she talked Andrew into letting her come to Utah and we planned a girls trip around it. Thankfully that weekend worked for all of us girls!

Kristen flew in from Santa Barbara on Thursday night. Then Friday all of us girls met up in Park City around noon. We ate at a wonderful healthy place called, "Vessel Kitchen" and it was amazing. Then we did (too much) shopping at the Outlets. I don't normally like shopping all that much but being with my mom and sisters made it really fun!

Then we went to our house and checked in there. We did a VRBO and the place had 4 bedrooms and was very spacious for all of us. After we got settled there we went to Downtown Park City and ate at a Mexican Restaurant called "Baja Cantina". Then we went back to our place and sat in the hot tub for a long while. It was a fabulous first day!



The second day we slept in and made breakfast. Then we all went to a spa and got pedicures. The massage chair was my favorite part :). Afterwards we went and ate at a grill for lunch.





One of the last things we did was go to the Olympic State park and walk around the museums. We were too late to get a tour but the museums were still cool. Then we went back to the house and played games together. I LOVE playing games so that was naturally one of my favorite parts of the weekend :).




Then Stephanie and my Mom when home first before the snow storm was supposed to arrive. Kristen, Jennie, Boose and I went to a pizza place and had dinner. It was so yummy. But then the storm came! We made it to the house safely without me freaking out too bad (I absolutely HATE driving in the snow). Jennie had to drive home through the canyon in the huge snow storm. She said it was pretty bad but made it home safe. Kristen, Boose and I slept over Saturday night and attended a church in Heber City on our way back home. It was SUCH a fun weekend! I hope we can do it more often in the future!

Sisten came over Sunday after church to say hi to the girls and before we took her to Nathan and Steph's to have dinner and sleep over there. My Reesie Roo is completely obsessed with babies and LOVED having Eva over for just a bit to cuddle and hold. It was a wonderful weekend and very needed for bonding time!!! I love the women in my life!


No comments: