Well, this wasn't was we had planned for our Valentine's Celebration...spending if in the ER with Nora Boo. Poor thing! She and Reese were running around the house holding onto a blanket. Reese held onto one end and Nora onto the other and was pulling Nora around and whipping her around. Sounds like a good idea right? Definitely a recipe for a disaster...and no I had no idea this was going on at the time. Emma and I were sitting at the piano for her piano practicing when I heard a HUGE "bang" and Nora start screaming. I turn around and Nora had her hand on her head. I thought "oh, no...I'm afraid to move her hand." And sure enough I moved her hand and blood was gushing out of this huge, extremely deep cut. She had tripped and fell and banged her head on the baseboard really hard. I starting panicking. I didn't really know what to do and I wasn't thinking clearly.
I called my next door neighbor, Jill and she luckily had her head on straight for me! She took the older two to her house, took Lucy to our other neighbor's house and took me and Nora to the ER. I sat in the back seat with Nora and held a cloth on her head the whole time. Jill dropped us off and went back to her house. I am so grateful for her and always dropping everything when she is needed.
Cade came to the ER about 10 minutes after we got there. Nora got some "medicine" that put her in what the doctor called a "twilight stage" so she wouldn't remember everything going on from that horrible experience. She ended up getting 9 stitches and a pretty good bandage.
That was our first experience with stitches. I never had any as a kid but Daddy had to get some in his forehead too when he was 4. Almost the same as Nora. She was definitely a tough little thing. Hopefully there won't be another time!
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment