On February 13th, we sold our home in cute Apple Grove and "rented" it out for 2 weeks until we got into our other home. February 19th we closed on our new home (still in Pleasant Grove) and had the next week to get some things ready before moving in. Grandpa Close was not working during the tim eof the move and turned out to be a HUGE HUGE blessing for our family. He came up from Arizona for 9 days. The first few days, he and Cade primed and painted the entire 3 car garage and put an epoxy coating on the floor. Then the next several days, he stayed and pretty much packed us up and moved us over to our new house. With having a brand new baby, I honestly don't know how we would have done it. Of course Cade was really sick that week of moving, so it was definitely needed to have him here with us. We are so grateful for all he does for us.
We had many co-workers and people from our old ward helping us move. I also had many friends who helped watch the girls and do anything I needed to help with the move. We are blessed with great people in our lives. From our Bishopbric's and visiting and home teachers and neighbors...there are a lot of people we are sad not to see on a daily or weekly basis. Such great people that we got to serve or be served by and really get to know well. That Apple Grove area was so much fun to be in and our neighbors and ward members were truly blessings in our lives.
So we've been here over two months now. It really seems a lot longer than that to me. We have moved from one amazing ward and area to another amazing ward and area. Our new neighbors and ward members have been extremely warm and welcoming. We feel so blessed. There have been many notes and gifts given, many visits and lots of people introducing themselves. Our next door neighbors are the Skoy's and Lawrence's and are both so great. I am excited to get to know these people really well as we plan to be here for a very long time.
Loading up the last big items from our old house:
Welcome to our new home where we will have many family memories to come!
Grandpa Close showing the great process of finishing the garage. No small feat.
Well, life was pretty insane for a couple months. This was one day during the moving week were we didn't have beds for them to take naps in and I was going a little crazy. So I took them on a drive to get all three asleep at the same time (mission accomplished) and didn't know where I was going. Somehow I ended up in the In N Out drive-through and then sat in the parking lot and had a whole 5 minutes to myself. Good times.



No comments:
Post a Comment