Well, Cade and I would both have to agree than there is one thing than happened in 2013 that trumps anything else that happened this year.
One day Emma said to me, "Mom, I'm a big girl now so I'm going to go poo in the potty." I said, "okay, Emma," not really confident in her statement becoming reality. For anyone who knows, it's been over a year of her going pee in the potty, but refusing to go poo anywhere but in her diaper hiding in a closet. The frustrating part hasn't been cleaning up accidents as much as seeing her in so much pain from holding it and then being so constipated that she screams and cries like nothing else. It is extremely hard seeing your child in so much pain especially when you try to explain the solution and they don't take your advice.
Anyway, the following day I picked her up from preschool and as we passed by "Chuck-E-Cheese" she said, "Mom, I"m going to go poo in the potty and then we can go to Chuck-E-Cheese!" I told her that if she decided she wanted to go in the potty we could go there. She had never even been to Chuck-E-Cheese in her life, but knew that was the reward for her cousin Ashur when he was being potty trained. So that evening, she ran upstairs to go potty and soon after called me up. I ran upstairs and when she showed me, I almost started bawling I was so happy!!! BUT it was only ONE time and I wasn't completely sure it would continue. However, it was a giant feat for her to decide ALL ON HER OWN to do it. So we took her to Chuck-E-Cheese and made a sticker chart and she was so excited!
Well, I am extremely happy to say that she has continued to go on the potty for almost an entire month now. She has been going at least every other day and is doing SO well!!! She mentioned to me, "Mom, now that I go poo on the potty I can go to Kindergarten!" Little does she know that Kindergarten is a year and half away, however, there have been times I've wondered if she would be going in the potty by then. She has come a long, LONG way.
It truly was the best Christmas present I could have asked for!
Thursday, January 9, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment