Monday, September 23, 2013

Family Camp Out and Timp Cave Hike

                                   

I have always LOVED camping my whole life. Growing up that was the most common "family vacation" we did because with 6 kids in the family it was definitely the most cost effective. I'm grateful my parents took us camping and went through all the effort to do so. Those are some of my favorite memories growing up and we became so close during those fun family trips.

Now with that being said, I can truly appreicate all the effort my parents did go through because now having two kids and a dog to take camping- let's just say it's different :). Not as much sleep, not as easy to pack, get kids to stay away from fires, etc- all of that fun stuff. But I know how much fun I had growing up camping and I want that for my kids too!

This camping trip we went to camp Hope just up Squaw Peak (Provo Canyon). Bryan, Jennie, James, Boose and Bud came with us. We had great food, fun games, and fun playing around. We also got to go hike the Timp Caves (pics at the bottom of this post). I just love nature and love spending time in it. Camping is so great- I just wish it didn't take an entire day to pack and prepare for it :). But it's worth it!




Reese was jealous of Emma's princess lair :). Emma was pretty excited to sleep in there!



We LOVE our Boose-Boose! Emma has gotten really close with her over the past years and Boose is so much fun to be around!





We went on a hike to the Timpanogos Caves and it was so fun! It is a relatively okay hike as far as length goes, but most of it is pretty steep. I am SO glad Jordan carried Reese on his back so I could hike  with only one baby on board :). The caves were so cool and we really enjoyed doing that together- babies and all!





All the strong men and their babies on back!

No comments: