Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fishbowl Day of Service 2012

This was the 4th year of Fishbowl's Day of Service. I am so proud of Cade and all the hard work that goes into these successful service days for the company. He takes so much time out of his normal work responsibilities to put together the day of service. He first got this started 3 years ago and it's still going strong. Luckily he has a group of people that help him a ton to make it even more successful than he could on his own.

This year was at an elementary school in Payson. This was probably my favorite of the 4 years because we got to work with the school children in the morning (some helped out teachers, but didn't get to interact with the children as much). Cade and I helped Mr. Cope's 3rd grade class do times table flash cards. I LOVED working with those kids! It made me want to volunteer when my kids are older or help out in their own classrooms because I love working with children. That was only the first few hours in the morning along with working on different projects outside that needed attention. The main project was the leveled library. The company completely re-did how the library was set up. A ton of reorganizing, boxing, alphabetizing, and entering into the computer.

It was a great time. I wish I took more pictures, but this is all I got :).





No comments: