Saturday, September 22, 2012

BEST ANNIVERSARY EVER!

August 11th, 2012

Cade and I have been married for 5 whole wonderful years! This year it was Cade's turn to plan our day and let me say....it was PERFECT. I loved everything about it. It has got to be one of my favorite days we have had together since being married.

First we started by going on a beautiful bike ride together up Provo Canyon. The morning was beautiful and it was the first time we have been on a ride just he and I.  We rode to the place where he proposed to me- Bridal Veil Falls.






After the bike ride, we went home to shower and get ready to attend an LDS temple. This is one of our absolute favorite traditions. Every anniversary we pick a new temple that we have not been to and do a session and sealings. My mom came to watch the girls for 8 hours so we could have a wonderful day out. She is so great! We drove to the Jordan River Temple and it was so wonderful and so peaceful; a very great time to remember the day we made covenants with each other. 


Then we drove to dinner. Cade knows how much I LOVE steak. We had never been to a really fancy restaurant in our 5 years of being married so he took me to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The place itself was beautiful, the service was incredible where everyone tells you "happy anniversary" when they walk by and call you "Mrs. Close" the whole evening, but above that the food was INCREDIBLE. The steak melts in your mouth and the taste was so incredible. I don't think I have EVER been that full in my entire life. Even Thanksgiving wouldn't compare :). It was worth it!



After dinner we walked around Salt Lake for a bit until our show WICKED started! We have seen it once before, but man it is absolutely amazing. And the two that played Elphaba and Glinda were so incredible and SO funny! My favorite Broadway show and so worth every penny.
 



The whole night was ABSOLUTELY amazing! I am so grateful to my incredible husband for all he continues to do for me. He is an amazing husband and father and does more for me than I do for him. I am grateful he goes to work all day and still comes home and helps with dishes, bath time, getting the girls ready for bed, and cleaning the house. He is the most wonderful thing in my life and I am forever grateful for him and all he does. Most of all for loving me and my imperfections. He is very patient with me and my mistakes. I love him! I can't wait for the next 5 years!

1 comment:

mary plus vince said...

so fun!! and congrats on 5 years!!