Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Belated Thanksgiving week

The week of Thanksgiving was a bit of an unknown for us. We had no idea if I would have a newborn by then or be in the hospital or still large with child! Cade's parents came for the week and it was so fun to have them there! Kristen and Andrew also drove from California to be there that week. Unfortunately, Reese did not make her appearance by the time they all had to travel back home. So they will just have to wait until Reese is older to meet her :(....sorry guys...nothing I could do about it!

The week, however, was very enjoyable and I was able to catch up on some rest and get lots of things done around the house. Having my mother-in-law here was a life-saver! She helped out so much! Especially just giving Emma the attention she wanted.

On actual Thanksgiving day, I was still feeling really good and no contractions, so we headed up to Bountiful (after picking up Dale at the airport) and all had a wonderful day together with both sides of our family. We had lots of fun playing games, talking, and of course eating amazing food!






A few days shy of 40 weeks...yes, I have a basketball stuffed up my shirt. At least that's what I got asked all the time!


Lookin' good Bryan! I don't think I have mentioned on here and congratulated Bryan and Jennie! They are expecting a baby boy the middle of May. We are SO happy for them!


This is Emma's prego picture :). She would stick out HER belly and say, "BABY!"


I also got to meet baby Jaxon for the first time!!! He (as you can see in the pictures at 2 months old) is growing like crazy still! He'll probably pass Emma on weight by 6 months old and she is 2 years older than he is! He is such a cute, cute baby and it was so fun to be able to finally meet.







That week we also went to the aquarium and Emma absolutely LOVED it! My favorite was when she looked at an orange, black, and white snake and said enthusiastically, "NEMO SNAKE!!!" Very clever :).





This picture, Emma was trying to copy Boose and give a thumbs up...almost Emma...almost :).


We also got our house lights up and turned them on the day after Thanksgiving. It took a lot of research and time to customize the colors, but Cade did a great job and next year will be a whole lot quicker now! Good job, Cade!!! I LOVE decorating for Christmas, turning on the Christmas music and lights...I just love the holidays!


No comments: