Tuesday, September 6, 2011

4 Whole Years Down!



Happy (late) anniversary to my wonderful husband! We have been married for over 4 years now! Crazy how time flies. Soon it will be 24 and then 34 :). This post is an extension to the Santa Barbara post. We were in Cali during our actual anniversary so during the day Cade and I walked around state street with Kristen, Boose, Bud and Emma. It was so much fun and beautiful. Then at night, the others stayed home with Emma while Cade and I went out for dinner. We ate at this Mexican restaurant right by the beach. The view was awesome and the food was really good! We then walked along the pier and beach and put our blankets and drank sparkling cider by the beach. It was so romantic :).





Look at this picture closely...Cade called it "The Barnacle Van". This hippy gentleman lives in his van that is rediculously awesome. Random, I know :).


One of our favorite anniversary traditions has been to attend a different temple together and do sealings to remember the promises we made as well as a session too. Well, unfortunately the 2 closest temples in Cali were both closed the exact time we were there. The next closest temple would have taken at least 4 hrs there and 4 hrs back. So this last week on my birthday (Aug. 31) we stayed at Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake and the following morning we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was beautiful and it is so fun to see the different architecture of each temple. I love that tradition and Cade always makes sure it happens. We had a great anniversary!






Every year I love my husband more and more. I remember the day we were sealed, the sealer had mentioned "you think you love each other a lot now. Just wait year after year. You can't imagine how much you will love each other." It is so true. I love you, Cade!

2 comments:

Russ said...

I thought i saw you guys taking pictures by my van... Nice murse Cade :)

Miss you guys!

Mara and Jae said...

'i thought i loved you then' by brad paisley. it came on the radio as i was driving on my wedding day to our venue to get married! i couldn't stop the tears from coming, cuz i just knew it was true. and we weren't even married yet! i love this :)