The Rivalry Relay. Cade's first team race. 81 teams. 66 miles from the U of U to BYU. 8 hours 13 min. FIRST PLACE BABY!
I am so proud of my husband. This was his first big race (he has done a 5k in the past with me :)). He was very excited and a little anxious because most of the guys on his team are hard core runners and have been running competitively for a while. Cade has now caught the bug and I'm sure this is his first of many races to come!
A group of guys from his work (Fishbowl Inventory) signed up together and most of them were big-time runners so Cade was a little intimidated but he did SO good! There were a few really BIG hills he had to run and driving up them even made me tired thinking he had to run them! It was so much fun to take part in it too! Not the actual running but the supporting...I do good at that :). Cade woke me up at 5:20 a.m. (yep, that's saying how much I love him) and I drove him to the U of U and helped his team decorate their vehicle that would be following along the way (it started with 30 balloons and not one survived :)).
Then later on in the day, Emma and I stopped at 2 different places so we could cheer on Daddy! Emma LOVED it and has been saying for weeks now "daddy, run, daddy, run." She was confused at first why daddy ran right past her cause she yelled, "daddy, HI!" as if he didn't see her and that's why he kept running.
The best part was at BYU seeing the whole team run in together and cross the finish line. I was such a proud wifee! I am still proud of him becuase if you know Cade, he makes goals and he accomplishes ANYTHING he puts his mind to. He is so wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment