Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Easter! (VERY belated!)

So yes, Easter was almost one month ago, but I finally put our pictures on to the computer from our old camera. I lost my good camera (and I am still very very sad about it cause I loved it) so I didn't post anything for a while because I couldn't take pictures until we got a new one.

Anyway, here are some pictures from Easter. It was fun seeing Emma find her basket and go in the backyard and "find" the eggs...they were in plain sight, but hey she's a year and half. Next year I can hide them harder :). She found her Easter basket in one of her favorite cubby places and when she discovered that if she cracked the eggs open, fruit snacks would fly out...she was in heaven! So we went outside and every egg she picked up she would shake to make sure there were fruit snacks in there.









Cade and I enjoyed one item in Emma's basket probably more that Emma did. I got a wind-up chick and so I wound it up and let it go....the chick was born "different". It was a moon-walking chick...it didn't know how to go forward. It was pretty funny ;).

Well, in the future for our children Cade and I want to develop spiritual traditions with our kids. Any traditions you do with your family that you'd like to share?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Easter is so fun with little kids! It looks like Emma had a good one.
This year to focus on the spiritual side of the holiday we read each day for the week before Easter about what happened to Christ that day in the week leading up to the Resurrection. There were scripture references in the Friend magazine to help us know where to look. The kids actually really enjoyed it and it was a good reminder for me.

Casey Lu said...

I have an AWESOME Easter cookie recipe that you make then night before and leave them in the oven over night (ok well we- meaning I eat one a couple hours later). We read from the bible while making them. I will have to send it to you.