Last night Emma slept from 9:30 to 4:30 in the morning!!! 7 whole hours of sleep and therefore that meant that Mommy got almost that (I went to bed at 10). So when she woke up to eat I was wondering why I wasn't as sleepy as normal and to see a 4 on the clock was a miracle! :) It's amazing how much the little things mean. Well, this miracle all came to pass because of what happened a few hours before...
Emma was not a good girl for Daddy in the evening. I went out for a couple things and told Cade if she got hungry to feed her a bottle. For some reason when Cade tried to feed her, she ate some, but then got really upset and just started screaming. He tried feeding her more...nope...didn't help. He tried everything, but when I returned after about an hour of screaming and learning that she was being a difficult little princess, I tried breast feeding her and she immediately was calm. That's all...I think she isn't fond of the milk that I've kept in the freezer because we've tried it twice now and it wasn't what she wanted and she got all worn out trying to put daddy in her place! Well, this is what Emma had to say...
Too bad I am probably going to have to throw away our year supply of Emma milk...
Hopefully not. That was a lot of work on my part. But as long as she's a happy, adorable baby for me...I'm okay!
Well, for an update on Emma:
She is a whole 8 1/2 pounds now!!! Little chunk. I took some pictures cause I think it's so cute that she is finally getting a belly and a double chin and all the cute fat that comes with being a baby:).
Emma has developed a rash this last couple weeks on her face, head, and neck. I took her into the doctor's and found out it is just a dry skin rash (can't remember the technical name). So we have to put lotion on her a few times a day. She definitely doesn't like that either. It's helping the rash go away. But these are her before and after poses when it's lotion time...
We get to bless her this Sunday and I am very excited for that. Cade's family gets in to town tonight from Arizona...fun, fun!
9 comments:
Hey Cade, How are you doing? Emma is so cute we just had twin boys in november as well. We hope all is going well for you and your family. We have a blog if you want to check it out randeethames.blogspot.com
Talk to you later
Kit and Randee Thames
yay for sleep! and yay for an emma update! she is getting big!! (boo for the rash though, i just HATE those now :)
She sure is cute! I'm so glad you got your sleep! I think wearing them out before bed really makes a big difference! We did that with my Kade when he was a newborn. He also got a skin rash like that too.
I'm glad you got to sleep. It does make such a difference.
It is nice to see that she is about the size of my newborns now! (At least the size my smallest was anyway) Crazy. She is pretty cute too.
Side note: Holy cow! that is a lot of breast-milk you have there. And I thought I had a lot of milk...I was wrong.
Man, if ONLY I could have that much milk! I would have, if I could have kept all of the milk when I was on antibiotics. I think that has been the same problem with Camden and taking the bottle. He is starting to get used to the stored breast milk a little more. Perhaps try to keep at it and maybe she will take to it eventually??? It took some work to get there, but he is better now and even taking it from his dad! Thank heaven!
And WONDERFUL that you got so much sleep! That is truly a blessing and gift!
And she is adorable! She is getting big...even since last week when I saw her! I am glad she gets to be blessed. I know it will be a wonderful experience. See you Sunday!
Oh, she's getting so big, and so cute! I love it when they start to get some fat rolls.
Please do not throw away all that breast milk! She'll probably get used to the bottle and drink it eventually. I know how much effort it takes to get it stored up like that and it would be a tragedy to waste it all.
I am SO glad you got 7 hours of sleep! YEAH!!! All 3 of my kids didn't like the milk from the freezer but I kept offering to them mixed with a little formula and they eventually took it that way.
Emma is looking so cute and I am loving those chubby cheeks! Chubby cheeks are my favorite thing on a baby, Cali has huge cheeks! Emma is such a beautiful little girl! She also reminds me, very much so, of her daddy when he was little especially the last picture! I hope her rash goes away soon! Congrats on her Blessing tomorrow! Wish I could be there, you will have to post some pictures! Also wanted to know if you sent out the announcements yet and if we were getting one. Well, love you guys, have a good weekend!
Yay for 8 pounds! She is getting big. I cannot BELIEVE you have that much milk. You are amazing. Way to stock up and I agree with you, it is hard work to pump that. I'm glad you are getting some sleep Kel.
Haha, what a great post! When she sleeps through the night for real, you'll still be waking up at 4:00 wishing you could go back to sleep but you can't because your body clock says it's time to feed! Haha and then you will be SO engorged! Sorry to be graphic, but it's so true! Anyways, what a great years supply of milk. That must have taken a TON of pumping. That's a lot of HARD work. One thing to consider though, and keep in mind, is that your breastmilk does actually change as your baby grows. So the milk you have from when she's one month old isn't quite the milk she may need at six months. Maybe your storage is for future use with another one, but hopefully you've marked the dates on your supply. But then of course, breastmilk is better than no milk (or formula!).
And our baby HATES the bottle. If you ever want to leave her babysat, give her a bottle a day so she's used to it. She also probably wanted to feel close to you because she knew you had left. So sweet!
Post a Comment