Thursday, December 3, 2009

One Month Old!

Today Emma is one month old...how time flies! She is now 5 whole pounds and 17 inches long! She is doing so great. I love her so much and am so proud of her improvement. Nursing has taken a while for her to get, but she is learning. It looks like she will be coming home with us sometime next week. The nurse practioner thinks she is ready to advance in breast feeding and getting her home soon. It has seemed like a long journey, but she will be home before we know it!



I got a great shot of her searching for her pacifier to suck on...

Of few! She found it...look how content :).

She can't keep her little socks on very well. I think her feet are so adorable!

Aunt Steph got to hold her for the first time. She has visited Emma many times, but finally got to hold her. Nathan and Wills got to see Emma through the window. I should have gotten a picture of that. Wills kept knocking on the window and pointing and saying "mama" and "baby". It was so cute!

A couple nights ago, Cade got to give Emma her first bottle. He really enjoyed that.


Well, soon she can come home! We can't wait for that day. I have had many Mom's tell me, "oh enjoy the sleep right now" or "enjoy not having to find babysitters", etc. But trust me, less sleep and finding babysitters will be just fine! As long as we get to finally have her with us.

11 comments:

Amber said...

Yay Emma! One month already! I hope she comes home soon! She is adorable.

Kjell Crowe said...

i love babies feet too!! I'm always kissing kasia cuz their just too scrumptious to pass up!

Can't wait for her to be home with you guys!

Anonymous said...

That's great news!

Jacque said...

Kellie and Cade, I just found your blog. Your little Emma is so Beautiful. I am so happy that kellie and emma are so well.

maggie-t said...

Happy One Month Birthday Emma! I am so excited that you get to take her home soon. The sleepless nights are worth it: ) She is so beautiful!

Andrew and Courtney said...

I'm so glad everything is working out okay! Congratulations again!

Heather said...

I'm glad she is doing so well. Thanks for the update. Can't wait till she comes home.

Barbara Jackson said...

Congratulations on making it this far!!! Soon you will all be cuddled up in your bed, snuggling!!! Christmas will be wonderful this year!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We are so glad she is doing so well! That will be nice for you to finally be able to take her home. =)

Michelle said...

I can't believe she is 5 pounds already! I am so glad she is doing so well and gets to come home soon. I'll bet you are sooooo tired of the hospital!

Stephanie said...

Yay for one month old! It was so fun to hold her! Nathan was so happy to see her through the window, too. Your background looks really cute, by the way. You are a pro blogger now!