Friday, November 6, 2009

She is finally here!

Emma Bentley Close
November 3, 2009 7:40 a.m.
3 lbs 6 oz
Cute as can be :)

After a long time waiting...little Emma is finally with us! We are so happy we made it to 34 weeks. She will be spending some time in the NICU, although we are not sure exactly how long.

I had to have a C-section and I was very nervous that morning. I couldn't get my body to calm down and stop shaking. I was so grateful that I had such a wonderful husband by my side to tell me everything was going to be okay.








She is so adorable and we are so excited to have her in our lives!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you that everything went well and she is here and doing well. Hopefully it will go by quickly until you can all be home together.

Amber said...

Congrats! She is such a cute teeny little thing. I hear she is off CPAP now--way to go Emma! I hope you are recovering well Kellie and I hope my NICU friends are taking good care of you Emma.

Laura and Clint said...

Congratulations Kellie! I'm glad you are both doing okay. I've never seen such a tiny baby. Best of luck to you. You and Cade will be great parents.

Joan said...

Loved the pics! You, Cade, and little Emma all look well and happy. Congrats!

Lindsay R. said...

We are so happy for you guys! Little Emma is just beautiful! Hopefully you are healing well and you will all be home soon!

Love,
Brandon and Lindsay Rodman

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so happy to hear you are both healthy and happy! We wish we could be there! We love you and miss you!

Casey Lu said...

Congrats!! We are super excited that she is here with you two. Having a baby in the NICU and all the things that they will tell you, might be a bit stressful and overwhelming but take it all is stride, and know that she will be coming home soon! You should ask them if you can leave a little stuffed animal in her bed, even a tape recorder or cd player of classical music, we were allowed to with Donovan and he loved it! Also be sure to ask about Kangaroo care and if you are able to do that with Emma. That also helped Donovan in the last two weeks of his stay in the NICU. Don't let the nurses, though I am sure they are great, stress you or worry you, if the possibly are. All will be well!