Saturday, November 22, 2025

School Starts Again! And Kellie Teaching Seminary...

 The summer was so much fun I was NOT ready for school to start again. I think none of us were quite ready. But it has to happen! Jane went to full-day school and Emma is a big high-schooler now. Big changes! Jane has Mrs. Mecham, Lucy has Leeflang and Nora is technically in junior high now so she has 4 teachers she rotate with for class (plus specialty teachers). 

We started with our annual back to school dinner. 







Benson's first day of preschool finally happened 2 weeks weeks after his sisters. He did SO good going to Ms. Amy's. I was nervous because he always has Jane with him everywhere we go but he did awesome. He now LOVES going and gets excited for preschool. He will just do the one year of preschool before going into kindergarten next fall. 



This year I am teaching seminary for those with adapted needs and their peer mentors. It has been quite the challenge and I have had many many days where I wonder if I am making any sort of difference but I felt like the Lord was telling me to do it and so here I am. I'm not sure if this will be a one year thing or if it will lead to more things later. We will see. But for now I am trying my best to stay on top of lesson planning. 

My friend Jen was nice to watch Benson the first couple days of me teaching seminary and she said, "you need to have a first day of school picture too!" So she took one of me :)


No comments: