Thursday, September 7, 2023

Kellie in Buffalo, NY

 In June I was able to fly to Buffalo, NY for a week and help my friend Katie (Angerbauer) Egan while she was dealing with chemo treatments. She is only 35 years old and dealing with breast cancer. She has 3 little kids- ages 1 1/2, 5 and 8 and I am grateful I was able to provide a little relief for her and her family. Jeremy (her husband and Cade's good friend and college roommate) was just finishing his medical residency. They had a home being built in Oklahoma and Jeremy started his new full-time job as a surgeon the first of July. In Katie's words, "you can't make this kind of crazy life up!" Cade's mom was able to take care of all of my kids while I went to take care of Katie's. The kiddos were having a rough time but they were all trying their very best. Katie was such an inspiration to me of looking to the future with faith and making jokes to help her be strong. She was always so positive and I am so grateful for all I learned from her while I was there!






No comments: