Our sweet, spunky Lucy is 3 years old now! Even though the tantrums can be in full force somedays at least we aren't dealing with her constant screaming all night long from being in pain (of course this last week she had her first ear infection in the last year, but a hard week we can take).
Lucy's stats from her Dr. appointment:
Weight: 32 lbs, 66%
Height: 39 inches, 86%
Lucy is happiest when she:
- Is eating go-gurts or applesauce packets
- Playing pretend with princesses or people (with Mommy)
- Riding her scooter or bike (with Mommy)
- On the "baby" swing outside
- Wrestling with Daddy on the floor
- In the shower (with Mommy). She could take a shower every day for HOURS and never get sick of it.
Lucy's smile is one of my favorite things. She can turn from grumpy-face to smiley at the drop of a dime and gets me every time. Her smile is priceless. She also started potty-training a few weeks ago and the first almost two weeks were pretty awesome. Caught right on! But then she decided poo wasn't necessary anymore- like at all- and I did NOT want to go down the same path Emma and Reese did. So we made another chart for going poo in the potty and she gets her Elsa toy when she fills it up. It is finally working and I am SOOOOO glad.
Lucy still tucks her hair behind her ears often or twists her hair in her hands (just like Mommy). She is very much a Mommy fan and has a hard time playing by herself with makes it hard for me to get anything done. I try to find the balance between playing and getting things done but she doesn't like when I won't play with play dough WITH her or play pretend WITH her or do stickers WITH her. Wait....that's why I bought you those things...so I don't have to feel guilty about not playing with you. I"m sure someday I will read this blog when she is grown up and doesn't want to have as much to do with me and I will MISS it. I am trying to enjoy this phase with her and all the one-on-one time we get together. In two months Lucy will be a big sister and mommy time won't be quite as available.
Lucy and her friend Sadie Swan playing with play-dough:
For her birthday family celebration, she wanted to go to the aquarium. She LOVES going there-especially for the big play area and playing on the orca statues.












No comments:
Post a Comment