This year I had the opportunity to be girls camp director and help our youth plan and carry out our ward girls camp. We went to Rendezvous Beach at Bear lake, Utah. It was seriously SO MUCH FUN!!!! There were monthly meetings with our YCLs (Youth Camp Leaders) and almost weekly or bi-monthly meetings with us older leaders. So a lot of time and effort went into making it a success. The biggest challenge with this ward is the size. There are over 50 young women and 15 YW leaders. So logistics were definitely a challenge. However, there was no drama, gossiping, back-biting, crying, home-sickness, etc. WHAT???!!! These girls were amazing! I would take the challenge of size any day! They girls were so much fun and I LOVED getting to know them.
Some highlights were the shakes, the boating, the cave tour, the giant herd of cows on our way to the cave tour, and of course testimony meeting. Some not so great things were the showers of cotton all day every day! In our faces and food and tents. And also the 5am wake up call when one of the leaders CPAP machines died :). But hey- overall if was a pretty spectacular girls camp. I had many girls and leaders say that was the best girls camp they have ever been a part of. I grew up going to Bear Lake for ward camp...and yet it wasn't even my idea! It took a lot of people to make it happen and I was so grateful for so many willing people!
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment