Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Riviera Reunion/Retreat

At the first of October, my freshman year roommates and I got together for a retreat in Midway. One roommate had access to a timeshare so we all got together to catch up- just us girls again- just the way it used to be 8 YEARS AGO! I can't believe it has been 8 years!

Just a little re-cap on my freshman year. It was incredibly insane- that's the best way to describe that first year in college! These are some memories:

Waterballoon fights (randomly all the time), riding DI kids bikes through drive-through restaurants, Sweatin' to the Oldies parties with Richard Simmons, PRANKS galore, pulley system from our apt to the boys apt across the back windows, spaghetti fights, going crazy from Lortab (just one of us, Michelley :)), U2, 4 of us sleeping on a twin size mattress, weekend 'O fun in the bus (literally some guy friends owned a bus), staying up until 2 or 3 mostly every night, kidnapping each other for birthdays, studying on lawn chairs in the community laundry room, etc. It was a good year :).

Well, 5 of the 6 of us were able to get together and although we only stayed up until 1:00 in the morning- not 3:00 like the old times :), we had a blast catching up. We first went to a mexican restaurant and enjoyed hearing about each others lives and what everyone is up to. After we talked and talked, we went back to the time share and talked some more and played games. We had plans to swim, hot tub, watch chick flicks, etc. but we just wanted to talk and catch up on the last few years. It was so fun and while we were playing games, I was crying so hard from laughing. Part of it was because it was so late, the other part was because these girls are so dear to my heart. I LOVE them so much and am so grateful I was blessed to have them as roommates for my first semester away from home. I'm so glad we got to spend some time together. And once again for my incredible husband who allows me to have time to continue important friendships!


Some of us packed more than others for just one night:



We played a hilarious game called Telestrations. That's when I got cracking up SO hard!


 


I love these girls!!!
[In the pic: Laura (Dean) Morin, Vanessa (Porfiri) Parkes, Michelle Walker, Me, and Jenny Ostraff]

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Thank you so much for posting this! It was so great to see you! We definitely have to do this yearly now :) Love you!