Sunday, May 20, 2012
Five Month Fatty
Reese had her follow-up check up this morning to see if she is growing after some of the changes we made. Right after her 4 month check-up I stopped giving her breast milk and switched to a sensitive formula. Soon after, Reese started drinking 6 ounces in each bottle instead of 3 or 4! I've kept track of her ounces every day for the past 3 weeks and she has been drinking 30+ ounces a day now instead of 24-26. I've been so happy! You can see the difference in her. She just looks a lot healthier now! So this morning we got her weighed and she is 14 1/2 pounds! At 4 months she was in the 3 percentile, now she is 35%! I wonder if it was recorded wrong at her 4 month check-up because that seems too big of a jump, but all I care is that she is now drinking a whole lot more than she was and is growing and growing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! Your little 5-month-old has more stomach capacity than Caleb! On a really, really good day we can get 36 oz in him without him throwing up, but that almost never happens!
Do you mind if I ask what she weighed at her 4-month appointment? Russell was 12 lbs 2 oz at 4 months (went from 20th percentile at 2 months to about 6th percentile at 4 months) and the doctor wasn't concerned, but I sure was, after dealing with all of Caleb's eating problems. I'm just curious to know at what point your ped was concerned.
Your girls are adorable, by the way. :)
Anna, she was 11 1/2 pounds at 4 months. At first my ped wasn't concerned, but had called me after the appointment and said she wanted to start her on 22 cal after looking at her charts again. She was born a healthy baby (7 lbs 14 oz) and so she was concerned that she wasn't gaining like she should. Isn't it great though having a "normal size" baby? I sure hope things get better for Caleb...and soon! Bless you for all you are dealing with!
Post a Comment