Monday, April 30, 2012

Easter and Spring time fun!




Easter this year was really neat.  Cade and I have been wanting to implement a spiritual tradition since Easter is usually revolved around bunnies, eggs, and candy (which, don't get me wrong- I love). But we want our girls to grow up with remembering traditions built around Christ and why we really celebrate the time of Easter. So Cade is awesome and came up with the idea where we watch the sunrise together and talk about Christ and how he is the light of the world. We read a scripture or two with Emma and then we came inside for a yummy waffle breakfast! It was neat to start the morning off right :). Definitely a tradition that we will keep doing for years to come!

We also had lots of fun taking Emma to do an Easter egg hunt in the neighborhood and watching her find her basket in the morning. She also got a new tricycle from Great-grandma and grandpa! She was SO excited!


Whopper lipstick! Just another reason that Easter should not have much focus on candy...
 

I LOVE spring time! Every time it's spring, it's my favorite season (and then fall rolls around and it's a very close match). I love walking outside and feeling the air warming up. I love being able to take Emma outside and play in the grass and let her run around. I love going to the park, going on walks, and seeing the flowers come alive. It's such a fun time. And Emma is begging for time outside ALL the time!

Here are some pictures of us enjoying the spring time:



I just got a bike trailer/stroller and I love it! As you can tell on Reese's face, she is in LOVE with it too :).

Visiting the new City Creek Center. A great view of the temple as well.

Popcorn popping on the apricot tree! (I actually didn't even know the literal meaning to that song until a few years ago...sad to admit :))


These are blossoms from our tiny tree in our front yard.  It is BEAUTIFUL about 6 days out of the year. We really enjoy it those 6 days. 



No comments: