Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Emma's funny phrases and attitude...

Emma is definitely becoming more and more entertaining lately. She is also becoming more dramatic as well as teaching Mommy to gain more patience on a daily basis:). She is testing boundaries for sure. But for the most part, she is just so lively and fun and energetic! No wonder why I am so dang tired during this pregnancy! She keeps me alive and on my toes all day long!

Some of her fun/cute words:

Po: "corn". This one is our favorite. She does pretty well with copying what we say. But no matter how many times we say "corn" she is convinced that she is saying it when really she's saying "po".
Froo-roo: Obviously "smoothie". (Which has become one of her favorite things in the morning and she'll say froo-roo and Daddy over and over and over).
Meemo: Nemo (as in "Finding Nemo")
Bee-Bee: either 1)binky, 2)blanket, or 3)baby...just have to know what context she is using it in :). Not confusing really :).

Phrases she says that I LOVE:

"You're funny...he he."
"Come on Mom" with her little hand out beconing me to follow her. It really sounds like "Uh-mon Mom."

Some other things I love about her:
I love that when she hears the garage door opening and she knows Daddy is home from work, she'll run over to me in excitement/panic and beg me to pick her up cause she's just too excited to just run over to the door without me. And it happens every day without fail.

She has become obsessed with "Finding Nemo". I tried to put in Toy Story the other day instead and after a few minutes she walked over to the DVD's scrolled through them with her finger, found "Nemo" and brought it over to me and while nodding her head saying "Memo, memo?" Cade and I then knew that "memo" didn't mean movie to her....she really wants to watch Nemo EVERY SINGLE DAY. How is she not sick of it yet???

She is becoming smarter every day and trying out new language and how to comunicate what she needs. Like today for instance when she tried to tell me that she needed a diaper change. There I was, singing in my own little world (like we all do sometimes) and here is Emma trying to get my attention. She walked over holding her little brown pointer finger right up to my nose saying "poopy, Mom. Poopy". Wow...if I didn't get the point from that! Smart girl right? At least it's better than our friends child who does finger painging on the walls (TMI, I know). I told Cade when he got home and he thought it was hilarious!

Yes, she is our cute little Sweet-pea. We love her with all our hearts! And I am so excited for another! Emma definitely needs a play-mate who can give her the attention she craves when Mom cannot. She is wonderful :).

Some of her better looks:




1 comment:

ruth said...

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THAT HAIR!!! we sure do miss you guys!!! still praying for #2 to come out on time :)