Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hood River with the Close side!

Right after Durango, we traveled in the opposite direction to Hood River, OR with Cade's parents. We went to visit Tara, Johnny, and Ashur. I had never been up there to see where they live and I'm sooo glad we did. It was so much fun and Hood River and the surrounding areas is GORGEOUS!!! I didn't get a picture of Tara and Johnny's neighborhood, but picture if you will a cute little home, to the east an airport office building, to the west hangers (where they store airplanes), and behind a complete runway, with airplanes all over...awesome, huh?! They live right on the airport. It's great! So some of fun things we did there were: the guys went fishing one entire day, while us girls and babies went to the Portland zoo, went berry picking, shopped around Hood River, went on an AWESOME plane ride around Hood River and the Columia Gorge (It's fun having a brother-in-law that's a pilot), and lots of laughing and playing games and eating good food. We had a blast!

So the day we went to the zoo was $4 day. At first we thought "awesome it happens to be the day we were planning"...then we got to the zoo...the line was forever long and we didn't know if we'd even get in! So we had lots of time in line to take pictures :). The babies did really well too! It was so crowded we kind of looked from a distance at many animals, but overall it was a really fun day.



Proof we actually DID see some animals :)!

The boys fishing. They went with an instructor who taught them how to fly fish. They said they had a really great time!


Some day this will be a scary thought...

Just as happy as can be in her favorite place! She loves being under the table! And who can blame her, it's like a permanent fort!

Tara took me to the cemetary where they buried Ashur. It was great to see and such a beautiful spot. I love the airplane on the head stone. They did a good job designing it.

Cade in Johnny's office workin away! He brought his stuff so he could work a few days. That just always allows us more time to be away. It's a blessing that he can work remotely with his job!

Grandma and Grandpa Close picking blueberries. And man were they good!!! Fresh off the bushes!

Grandpa reading stories to the grandbabies...they LOVED it! They were paying attention to every word...so cute!


Playing war with the babies legs...well, you can tell who's really having fun here...don't think it's the babies.


The plane ride around Mt. Hood...so amazing!



Picture of the Columbia Gorge



Cade and I also got to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We spent the day at the Portland temple in the morning, then went to the Columbia Gorge and ate at a restaurant right by the Multnomah Falls and hiked there (absolutely beautiful!), and spent the night at a bed and breakfast by Bridal Veil Falls. It was soooo much fun! And I can't express how grateful I am for my wonderful husband! He is so amazing and makes me feel just as beautiful and fun as he thought I was the day he met me. I love him with all my heart!






We went hiking for a bit and we looked down and could see the restaurant where we had just been eating.

Hey, it's Oregon, what can I say?...

2 comments:

Heather said...

That looks like a great trip. One of my favorite places in the world is Oregon. I love the portland temple too. Very fun.

Carolyn Baggett said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary!!! I'm sure Cade's family loved having you guys there and especially being with cutie pie Emma! I sure miss you and your family!