Emma is a little trooper. She is doing really well. The nurse told me today that she weighs 3 lbs 14 oz...only a couple ounces and she's 4 lbs! That is very exciting, especially because babies generally lose weight in the first week or two and then start gaining after that. She is doing better with breast feeding, but is still trying to get the hang of it. She is completely off of her IV's which is great...it means that she is getting all of her feedings through the gavage tube and breast feeding. The better she continues to nurse, the less she will need with the tube and the sooner she gets to come home with us! (This is her name tag by her bed. No, Mom...it's not a fat ballerina :)).

This is the bed she's been in the last week. The nurses just say it's a much better bed for her to grow because it keeps the heat in real well and it remains quiet so she can get good sleep.

She does have an oxygen tube to help her a little. They say she'll probably get off that soon, but whatever she needs to keep her growing and healthy! I'm so grateful for amazing medical care and nurses.

This is the scale we use now to weigh her before and after feedings. The goal is that she gains enough weight after nursing that she doesn't need anymore through the tube. We are happy that Emma is growing and still healthy! We can't wait to bring her home!
6 comments:
it sounds like emma is quite the strong lil' lady!
i'm glad to hear things are going well!!
(and you look great in the pictures from the baby shower, for just having had a baby!)
Thanks for the update. I can't believe she has sustained so much weight. She is adorable.
So pleased to hear that Emma is doing so well! Kisses
Wow! I had no idea any of this was happening. I just read through the whole story. It is so crazy to think that when you first got pregnant you never would have imagined anything like that happening to you. I am so glad she is healthy and safe. I cant wait for you to bring her home. I can't even imagine how hard it would be going home with out her everyday. It helps to know she is being taken care of though and it will only make bring her home that much more exiting. She is such a beautiful little girl!
SO glad she is so close to 5lbs! She is such a trooper and is doing so well!!! Such a blessing! Hang in there with the nursing, I hate to admit I quit, but after three cases of Mastitis and Thrush at the same time, I was so done. Keep it up go as long as you and Emma can! She looks so snugly in her new bed! Can't wait to meet her and snuggle with the little darling!
Kellie!
Nikki sent me the link to your blog. I had no idea that you had to have your baby early. She is adorable. Really. I couldn't stop looking at the pictures of her. I made one of the pictures really big so I could see it easier and Talmage (my baby boy) was staring at it for about 2 minutes (for him that is a long time) he was smiling at it and talking to it. You have such a special baby! I hope that by now you have Emma at home.
I am so glad you have a blog. They are such a great way to stay in contact: )
Post a Comment