Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cute Little Emma...one week down!

Our first family pictures! You can see that Daddy works so hard...he definitely isn't getting enough sleep. We love our little girl and can't get enough of visiting her! I go for a couple hours every day and then Cade and I go every night together. Emma is doing really well. She has been breathing on her own now since day three. Her heart, lungs, brain, everything is really healthy. She does have to be under the lights for jaundice, but she is doing very well. Just needs to keep growing and getting bigger! It may take a while, but we are happy she is healthy and doing well!



This is what she looks like when she is under the lights. Much cuter without the head gear :).


She LOVES her pacifier. The nurse was impressed with how well she could suck for her age. I got to nurse her for the first time today. It was great!

She loves her pacifier SO much she even sleeps ON it...


Yep, she's probably going to be a daddy's girl. She loves when daddy holds her.


Grandma Bleak's first time holding her.

17 comments:

mary plus vince said...

hey kellie! so, i randomly found your blog... i'm so glad i did -- your little girl is so precious + darling!!

i've had a few nieces and nephews who were premmie's... it's a scary thing, but i am so glad to hear she is doing so very well!! you and your sweet lil family are in my thoughts!

Kjell Crowe said...

Beautiful. I'm glad things are turning out great for you all.
Let me know if I can give you a ride to the hospital.

Amy Jane said...

Kellie! (It's Amy Becker (Christensen). Emma is adorable! I work during the day but let me know if I can help get you to the doctor, etc!

Anonymous said...

a great report all around. i can't believe how wide-eyed she looks in some of the shots! she's lovely.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kellie, she is so cute!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, she is adorable. I just want to give her kisses. And I love how teeny she is! I'm so glad she's doing so well!

Valerie said...

She's so tiny, and yet, I look at her and think "That was (is) in your (my) stomach?!? How did it fit?!?!" She's beautiful. Congrats to both of you!!! :)

Heather said...

She looks really good, especially for how young she is. Thanks for posting the pictures. Was Gayle crying? Of course she was, what a stupid question. Congratulations!

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

What a blessing! I am so happy everything is going so well and you are so fortunate to be in the best NICU, the nurses are fantastic! We love you!

Jane said...

What a cutie! I am so glad you are able to hold her now and even feed her. You are really blessed that she is doing so well. I hope your milk is very rich so she will gain weight quickly and be released soooooon!!!! Love you and wish you well!

Taylor & Natalie Barrett said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is so beautiful! I am so glad she is healthy! That is wonderful! Being parents is so amazing and I know you are going to be such an awesome Mom! Congrats! I hope all is going well! Enjoy every minute with her!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that she is doing so well!

Stephanie said...

What cute pictures! It's so fun to see her cute face. She is just a doll!

Brooke said...

Kellie! She is beautiful. I'm so glad everything went well and that you can at least hold her now. Keep the pictures coming! She's a cutie.

Kara said...

Hey! Congratulations!! Emma is beautiful and i LOVE her name. I'm so sorry that you had to go through such a scary ordeal with pre-e but i'm glad that you're safe and that little emma is thriving! You both are going to be incredible parents!

Connie said...

Kellie, I'm so glad you found us! She is precious and I'm so happy everything is going well. You are amazing and she is beautiful! Congrats!

Vanessa said...

Oh, Kellie! She is just beautiful! I'm so happy everything is going so well.